2022 Travelling Fellow to Australasia
Deadline extended to 31 December 2021
Applications are invited for a travelling fellowship in the amount of $AUD7,500 to attend the Tripartite Colorectal Virtual Meeting scheduled 21-24th February 2022 in Auckland, New Zealand to present a paper and to allow the recipient to visit several centres around Australia and /or New Zealand to extend their experience and contact with the colorectal community in the two countries. This fellowship is being funded by the CSSANZ.
Due to travel restrictions the Tripartite meeting is now fully virtual. Therefore, we would expect the successful applicant to present virtually at the meeting and then travel to a surgical centre when restrictions ease
Applicants need to be on the specialist register in the UK or Ireland
The successful applicant will:
- Be committed to a career in colorectal surgery
- Have obtained a CCST or equivalent within 10 years or less of deadline for applications. Applications will be considered from surgeons who have been a consultant for up to 10 years
- Be a member of the Association of Coloproctology of GB and Ireland
- Write a report to Council on completion of the fellowship
Applications should comprise:
- A curriculum vitae.
- A paragraph explaining why the applicant wishes to travel to Australasia and how they feel they will be able to fill the role of ambassador for the ACPGBI in the places they visit.
- The name of the centres that the applicant would like to visit.
- An abstract of the paper to be presented at the 2022 meeting. (The abstract submitted can be for work in progress rather than complete.)
- The names of two referees. References will be taken up prior to interview.
Closing Date for Applications:
5 pm on Friday 31 December 2021
Applications should be emailed to Adele Sutton addressed to
James Wheeler, Honorary Secretary
The Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Download the flyer
View other News