Association of Coloproctology Nurses (ACPN)
ACPN supports the professional development and education of nurses and allied health professionals specialising in any area of coloproctology, including colorectal cancer, pelvic floor disorders, endoscopy, stoma care, IBD and genetics.
What ACPN does
ACPN works with the ACPGBI to advance the science of coloproctology and promotes the integral role of nurse specialists and allied health professionals within the colorectal multidisciplinary team.
ACPN maintains strong collaborative relationships with charities and other nursing associations working to promote excellent clinical care for patients with colorectal disease.
ACPN is an ACPGBI affiliate organisation and represented at all levels of the organisation. ACPGBI affiliate members automatically become ACPN members.
Membership of ACPN is an opportunity to take charge of your career, strengthen your network and broaden your knowledge. Benefits include:
- Exclusive 25% discount code to subscribe to GIN; 10x issue per year. (Contact email@example.com for a discount code)
- Each ACPN member who subscribes will also be granted online access to GIN and its full archive via www.magonlinelibrary.com
- FREE registration to the ACPGBI Annual Meeting
- Guidance and resources to facilitate career management.
- National educational events to broaden and deepen specialist knowledge and keep abreast of new developments in coloproctology.
- A regional nursing representative for each ACPGBI Chapter to keep members in their region abreast of ACPGBI-sponsored local events and to disseminate information regarding developments in clinical practice.
- Opportunities for networking, collaboration, peer support and mentorship.
- Representation of the interests of members of the ACPN within ACPGBI.
- An annual ACPN symposium embedded within the ACPGBI annual meeting, facilitating access to specialist content provided within the wider ACPGBI programme.
- A discounted rate for the ACPGBI journal, Colorectal Disease.
If you would like to become a member of the ACPGBI and the ACPN, please complete the online application form as an affiliate member.
||Linnet McGeever, Chair
|North West Thames
|South East Thames
|South West Thames
|Republic of Ireland
Cheryl Hides, Deputy Chair in waiting
|ACPN Editor for GIN
ACPN Committee Meetings 2023-2024
- Tuesday 12 September 2023 at 2 pm
- Tuesday 5 December 2023 at 11 am to 3 pm (Face to Face meeting at the Royal College of Surgeons)
- Tuesday 5 March 2024 at 2 pm
- Tuesday 21 May 2024 at 2 pm