We are delighted to inform you that the Call for Abstracts/Posters and Videos is open.
The deadline for submissions was midnight Monday 24 January 2022 11.59 GMT
How to submit an abstract/Poster/Video
Create an Oxford Abstract Account or log in if one already exists.
Create a new abstract
The maximum number of words for the title is 50. The maximum number of words for the abstract text is 250 (excluding the title and authors).
Use the following tabs at the top of the page to complete your abstract submission
Status Presenter/Author Co-Authors Abstract Details
You are permitted to submit an abstract that will be presented at another national/international meeting either prior to or after the Association of Coloproctology of GB & Ireland 2021 meeting.
Abstracts of papers and posters presented at the meeting will be published online in Colorectal Disease journal after the meeting. If an accepted paper or poster is not presented at the meeting, it will be withdrawn from publication.
When submitting the names of authors put the initials in the field labelled “First Name”.
A “blind” reviewing process will be used. Do not include identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities in the title or text of the abstract. The names of authors and their affiliations (institutions) will be submitted on-line in a separate section.
Abstracts should state briefly and clearly the purpose, methods, results and conclusions of the work.
When you submit your abstract select a category from the following categories:
- Colorectal cancer – screening, diagnosis & endoscopy
- Colorectal cancer – tumour biology, biomarkers & genetics
- Colorectal cancer – risk assessment & outcomes
- Colorectal cancer – surgery & endoscopic interventions
- Nursing*(Nurses are welcome to submit an abstract in any category)
- Surveillance, survivorship & late effects of treatment
- Emergency general surgery
- Minimal access surgery – laparoscopic, robotic & transanal approaches
- Chemotherapy & radiotherapy
- Imaging and radiological interventions
- Inflammatory bowel disease, pouch surgery & stomas
- Pelvic floor & functional bowel disorders
- Training & mentoring
- Patient-reported outcomes & qualitative studies
Indicate your preferred presentation mode:
Answer if the first author is a trainee or nurse/AHP
When you have completed a submission, you will receive email confirmation with the reference number of your abstract.
Amending a Submission
You can do this at any time up to the deadline.
• Log in to the submission system
• You will see a list of the abstracts that you have submitted. Click on the abstract that you wish to change.
• Amend the abstract as necessary.
• When you reach the final step and press “Submit” you will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended.
Withdrawing an abstract
If you want to withdraw an abstract please contact firstname.lastname@example.org