Martyn Evans is a Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon in Swansea and Associate Professor of Surgery at Swansea University.
Martyn is an experienced laparoscopic and colorectal surgeon, with a tertiary referral practice for patients with inflammatory bowel disease and advanced and recurrent pelvic malignancy.
Martyn was appointed as a Consultant Surgeon in Swansea in 2012. Prior to appointment, he completed his undergraduate training in Southampton and then undertook basic and higher surgical training on the south coast and in Wales. After completion of training he undertook a fellowship in laparoscopic colorectal and advanced pelvic malignancy at the John Goligher Colorectal Unit in Leeds.
• Editor for the surgical journal BJS (formerly the British Journal of Surgery)
• Associate Professor of Surgery Swansea Medical School
• Chairman of the UK National Bowel Cancer Clinical Project Board
• Member of the Multi-disciplinary Committee of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
• Member of the UK National Bowel Cancer Audit Steering Group
• Member of the NCEPOD Clinical Advisory Group Bowel Obstruction review