ACPGBI has established fellowships of £3,500 each, to enable two doctors currently practising in Eastern Europe to visit 2-3 colorectal centres in the United Kingdom and Ireland over a two week period, and to attend the 2017 ACPGBI Annual Meeting, 3-5 July at the BIC, Bournemouth.
Colorectal centres can be visited either before or after the annual meeting, by arrangement. The purpose of the fellowships are to contribute to the development of integration and collaboration between Eastern and Western European coloproctology.
Applications will be accepted from junior consultants or senior trainees, and should include a covering letter, a detailed CV with publications and experience, and written support from their Institute Director. Applications should to be sent by email to Miss Anne O’Mara at the ACPGBI secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date for applications 17 March 2017
Things to note:
- Applications from previous recipients of the award will not be considered.
- A sound command of English is essential.
- The successful applicants will be expected to provide a written report of their visit, as feedback will be important to refine optimal training opportunities in future years.
- An original signed letter of invitation will be sent to the successful applicants for visa purposes.
- Expenses incurred by accompanying guests or dependants will be paid for by the applicants themselves.
- The selection committee will include members of the ACPGBI Executive and a representative from the European Society of Coloproctology (ESCP).
- In order to offset expenses incurred by the successful applicants prior to arriving in the UK, 25% of the award will be paid in advance of their visit and the remainder will be paid after receipt of a written report.
- The cost of registration for the 2017 Annual Meeting will be covered separately by the ACPGBI.