The ACPGBI and RCS Eng are looking for Trusts to host post CCT Fellowships, throughout the UK. These Fellowships should offer training beyond that is required for certification at CCT and will be invaluable in providing higher level special interest training in complex areas.
It is intended that these Fellowships will be jointly accredited by the ACPGBI and RCS Eng.
- It is proposed that up to 7 ACPGBI/ RCS Eng Fellowships will be awarded within the following specialist interest areas:
|Advanced pelvic malignancy||x2 posts|
|Advanced IBD – to include pouch surgery and redo Crohns surgery||x1 post|
|Advanced Pelvic floor surgery||x1 post|
|Intestinal failure||x1 post|
|TEMS and advanced therapeutic colonoscopy||x1 post|
|Minimally invasive surgery for rectal cancer – laparoscopic/robotic/TaTME||x1 post|
- ACPGBI will fund the RCS Eng administrative costs of these dual badged Fellowships which would receive accreditation for 3 years in the first instance.
- The salary costs of the Fellowship post are to be met by the Trust.
- Trusts from across the whole of the UK are invited by the ACPGBI to apply to host an ACPGBI/RCS Eng Fellow for post CCT specialty training.
- Seven posts across the specialist areas will be chosen and Trusts awarded their status by the ACPGBI following a formal process of application.
Download the application form
Please email the completed application form to Charles Maxwell-Armstrong, Honorary Secretary
FOLLOWING AWARD OF FELLOWSHIP STATUS TO A TRUST
- Fellows would be appointed to the seven posts by the successful Trusts with ACPGBI representation at interview.
- As a condition of ACPGBI/ RCS Eng Fellowship status being awarded to a post, the successful Trusts must have made a successful application to the RCS of England with a view to being accepted as part of the RCS Senior Clinical Fellowship programme (if not already recognised) within 12 months of the Fellowship status being awarded.
- ACPGBI and RCS Eng will receive a formal report from the Fellow at a Trust on completion of the post – to include a validated logbook and Educational Supervisor reports.
- ACPGBI/RCS Eng to award a certificate of completion of Fellowship.
PROPOSED TIME FRAME FOR APPOINTMENT OF ACPGBI/ RCS ENG FELLOWSHIP STATUS FOR THE INITIAL 7 POSTS
14TH JUNE 2019 – closing date for applications
1ST JULY 2019 – successful Trusts to be confirmed
ACPGBI E&T Chair