We do hope that you have had a restful festive break and a pause to reflect on what 2016 may hold for you. If you feel that 2016 is the time to get a feel for what the ACPGBI’s research and audit committee does, then there are a number of opportunities waiting for you as we seek help with a number of projects throughout 2016:
- 2016 will see the launch of the ACPGBI’s national prospective collaborative audit focussing on the acute management of small bowel obstruction. We shall be putting together a subcommittee to work on this exciting project and welcome applications from ACPGBI members to participate.
- NELA have approached ACPGBI to work on a collaborative project to focus in detail on patients undergoing Hartmann’s procedure and again we would welcome applications for collaborators, especially from ACPGBI members with a focus on emergency surgery.
- The Delphi research agenda continues to evolve with the support of the Bowel Disease Research Foundation. We would like to thank the 100 members who have already contributed to the survey on surgical management of fistulating perianal Crohn’s disease and now welcome applications from any ACPGBI member with an interest in managing this condition to attend a National Consensus Meeting at the Royal College of Surgeons (Eng) on 18 March 2016 (with apologies for the ECCO date clash). We anticipate being able to accommodate 50-60 members in this exercise which will offer collaborative authorship to participants.
- If you have not yet had the opportunity to contribute to one of the Delphi projects, please do consider supporting the ongoing Delphi work on timing of surgery for metastatic colorectal cancer confined to the liver: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2RXNNJL.
- We are also looking for markers and external peer reviewers for grant applications made to BDRF during 2016. Please do offer your services if you can spare the time.
Please do forward any expressions of interest to the ACPGBI office, including which opportunity interests you and why, with an optional one side A4 CV, by 25 January 2016.
Delphi Champions and attendees of the Delphi research days will shortly be receiving a feedback survey. We would also be keen to hear from you if you would like to contribute to feedback about the Delphi process and help us continue to improve opportunities for research and audit for our members.
We look forward to your interest and contribution, and wish you and yours all the best for 2016,
Chair, Research & Audit Committee