Applications are invited for fellowships in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery in Newcastle, Nottingham, Leeds and Bradford. The fellowships will run for a period of six months commencing in either April 2018 or October 2018. A maximum of 8 fellowships will be appointed.
Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Lead Fellowship Training Staff at each site
Mr HJ Gallagher (Newcastle)
Mr A Acheson (Nottingham)
Mr P Sagar (Leeds)
Mr J Griffith (Bradford)
These posts will provide extensive exposure to laparoscopic colorectal surgery and all aspects of laparoscopic practice. The consultants involved in providing the training all have an established role in providing laparoscopic mentoring of consultant colleagues nationally. The successful candidate will receive both clinical and cadaveric lab based training. This six-month fellowship is designed for trainees within ST7/8 of their training or post CCT, preferably having passed their FRCS. Senior trainees with sufficient experience can expect to be able to perform advanced laparoscopic colorectal surgery on completion of this post. By negotiation participation on the on call rota may be arranged. Some of the posts require the applicant to be independent JAG certified endoscopists.
Trainee selection criteria will include:-
- National Training Number in ST7/8 of surgical rotation or post-CCT
- Consolidated logbook evidence of experience in both open colorectal surgery and laparoscopic techniques
- Reference from TPD – supporting your suitability for this fellowship and giving consent to six months leave of absence from regional rotation
- Reference from current consultant trainer
- Evidence of plans to maintain laparoscopic skills after the Fellowship is completed
For further details/informal visits contact:
For informal discussions about these posts prospective candidates are invited to contact Kim Brueton (Nottingham Digestive Diseases Centre) 0115 823 1149 email email@example.com and Austin Acheson on email Austin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Friday 30 November 2017