forCrohns is a charity whose mission is to fund research that helps those with the condition today and contributes to finding a cure for Crohn’s disease in the future whilst making more people in the UK aware of the disease and its symptoms.
forCrohns funds separate grants that investigate the aetiology and treatment of Crohn’s disease with the aim, ultimately, of discovering a cure. The purpose of the forCrohns Innovation Grant is to focus on helping those with the condition today.
Up to £10,000 will be awarded to successful research studies which aim to find new ways to help improve the lives of patients with Crohn’s disease.
All projects must meet the following criteria and will be judged against them:
- An outcome which demonstrates a clear and immediate benefit for Crohn’s patients
(Whilst it is appreciated that many projects may have a dual benefit for those with UC, the charity’s main aim is focused on the output for Crohn’s)
- A short expected time between study and implementation
- Robust assessment of outcomes
- Potential to scale nationally for pilot projects
- Previous research and innovation achievements of individual and organisation applying