ELF 2 UPDATE Important update about postponement of start date in light of COVID:19

Posted 15 March 2020 in

The team behind ELF 2: Defining the denominator have taken the decision to postpone the start of the study due to the current Coronavirus (COVID:19) situation.

This decision has not been taken lightly but as a team we have felt that it is not appropriate to be conducting this type of research during the COVID-19 pandemic, with the increased demands on the NHS and the potential of its effects on resources.

We fully believe in the research question and want to ensure that the study is conducted in the most robust and appropriate manner. This decision has been supported by both the sponsor site, Greater Glasgow and Clyde, and ACPGBI.

Thank you to you all for your work in preparing for the study, we will keep you updated and let you know as soon as we think it is appropriate to commence the study.

We will continue to work to make sure every site is set up and ready to go once we have the revised start date.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email us.

ELF-2 Study Group

@ELFStudy
Defining the Denominator.