- 6th August 2015 – Trusts receive data
- 28th August 2015 – Deadline for final amendments
- 21st September 2015 – Potential outliers notified
You may already be aware that there has been a delay in release of HES data which has in turn delayed the risk adjustment process of the data for Consultant Outcome Publication. It is currently anticipated that publication of individual and Trust outcomes will take place in November 2015 on the ACPGBI website and also on MyNHS shortly thereafter.
2015 will see the publication of risk-adjusted 90 day mortality and case numbers of elective colorectal resections carried out over 4 years between April 2010 and March 2014. Spreadsheets for data to be included in COP 2015 will be returned to all Trusts on 6th August 2015. Trusts will have until the 28th August 2015 to make any final amendments through the Clinical Audit Platform. This data set will then be analysed and risk-adjusted.
The ACPGBI shall be honouring the published NBOCA outlier process (available through ACPGBI website). Potential outliers at both individual and Trust level will be notified of their position in the week commencing 21 September 2015 and have 21 working days to respond. The following general guidance may be of interest:
- Surgeons will have their data published alongside the Trust where they were working on 31 March 2014. Where data has accumulated from more than one Trust, there will be a comment to this effect.
- If there are no cases registered against a surgeon’s GMC number for the two year period April 2012 to March 2014, the surgeon’s outcomes will not be published.
- If there are no cases registered against a surgeon’s GMC number for the one year period April 2013 to March 2014, the surgeon’s outcomes will be published on the ACPGBI website with a comment that no cases have been recorded for this period, but will not be submitted for publication to MyNHS.
What do I need to do?
In the meantime, please do familiarise yourself with the Clinical Audit Platform by checking your data entry for 2014 – 2015 in real time as the first data deadline for the 2016 COP will be 5 October 2015. Although you will not be able to enter your own data, you will be able to make corrections through your clinical audit lead. To access the platform, you will need to create a Single Sign On (SSO) at https://clinicalaudit.hscic.gov.uk and your Caldicott Guardian will need to approve your access to the NBOCA data collection system by completing details on the form for emailing to [email protected] (HSCIC Contact Centre).