ACPGBI has taken the significant step of cancelling or postponing all key educational and research meetings planned for March and April 2020 in order to support national and global efforts to contain the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
As a leading professional surgical association, our Council believes that this is the right and responsible action to assure the safety of our membership and staff, and to allow our members to remain close to their families and, importantly, available to respond to increased pressure on local healthcare systems.
- ACPGBI IBD Newcastle on 13th March 2020 is deferred until 2021
- ACPGBI and RCS Research Sandpit in Liverpool on 20th March 2020 will be rearranged
- Advanced Coloproctology Course, Sheffield, on 26th – 27th March 2020 has been deferred until March 2021
- Dukes’ Club Annual Educational Weekend 24th – 26th April 2020 in Nottingham will be rearranged in late autumn 2020
- West Midlands Chapter meeting, Birmingham, 15th May 2020
We ask you to bear with our administrative staff while we deal with the increased workload involved in managing meeting cancellations, and shall let our members know as soon as we have details about rearranged events.
ACPGBI Executive will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it evolves and intend to act in accordance with national advice and regulations when making decisions about meetings beyond April, including the annual meeting scheduled for Edinburgh in July 2020.