Hope you are all safe. Know many of you have been ill and hopefully are recovering. Also that all are facing pressures at work in looking after patients and at home in keeping families safe.
Our ACPGBI priorities in fronting up to the challenges of COVID-19 are:
- ensuring appropriate personal protective equipment for all healthcare workers
- safe surgery practices during COVID-19
- maintaining EGS services
- minimising impact as much as possible on patients with colorectal problems, including cancer and IBD
- supporting surgeons and trainees in new roles
- ensuring dissemination of accurate up-to-date information and avoiding misinformation
- promoting high quality research projects about COVID-19
- maintaining morale across our workforce and membership
- supporting each other and our peers, trainees and colleagues through the crisis
- preparing for recovery phase and the pressures on endoscopy, cancer and surgical services that will follow.
Stay safe, and stay connected, and hoping you get a chance to rest over the Easter weekend.
Miss Nicola Fearnhead