The 2018 abstract submission system is open!
Please note the following criteria for submissions
Read these instructions carefully before you submit your video
- Duration of video: 10 minutes maximum
- Sound: all videos should be accompanied by a clear voice-over in English
- Video quality: videos should have a minimum definition of 720p (1080p preferred)
How to submit a video
Videos should be uploaded on to YouTube or other video hosting service as an unlisted video and the URL submitted via the online abstract form.
Once your video has loaded, make sure that you have filled in the basic details: giving the title for your submission and a short description.
You may also wish to edit the advanced settings.
Then go to the 2018 abstract submission website and create an Oxford Abstracts account or log in if an account already exists.
- Create a new abstract for your video submission
- Paste the URL of your uploaded video into the abstract submission form
- Underneath the URL type the duration in minutes and seconds of your video
- Complete the remainder of the abstract submission form and submit
- You are permitted to submit a video that will be presented at another national/international meeting either prior to or after the Association of Coloproctology 2018 meeting
- The maximum number of words for the abstract text is 250 (excluding the title and authors)
- When submitting the names of authors put the initials in the field labelled “First Name”
- When you submit your video abstract select a category from the following 16 categories
- Colorectal Cancer – diagnosis & endoscopy
- Colorectal cancer – tumour biology/markers & genetics
- Colorectal cancer – enhanced recovery
- Colorectal cancer – risk assessment & outcomes
- Colorectal cancer – surgery & stents
- Follow up/survivorship/late effects of treatment
- Emergency colorectal surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Functional bowel disease/pelvic floor/constipation
Amending a Submission
You can do this at any time up to the deadline.
- Log in to the Oxford Abstracts submission system
- You will see a list of the abstracts that you have submitted. Click on the abstract that you wish to change. Amend as necessary
- When you reach the final step and press “Submit” you will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended
Withdrawing an abstract
If you want to withdraw a video please contact the Anne O’Mara, Administration Manager, Association of Coloproctology of GB & I.
Deadline for receipt of videos and abstracts
Saturday 20 January 2018 – 11.59 pm GMT (i.e. UK time)