It is intended that the best papers will be selected as a podium presentation.
For all presentations there will be:
BJS Prize for best overall podium presentation
Quickfire podium presentation for best posters (please be prepared to present a 2 minute summary)
Colorectal Disease Prize for best overall poster
Prize for best video
Rosettes for best individual category abstracts
Publication in Colorectal Disease
We are delighted to announce that the submission of abstracts and videos for Harrogate 2021 is now open.
This is planned to be a face to face meeting but may have a virtual element depending on circumstances.
Video Submission Instructions (857kB)
How to submit a video
IMPORTANT: please note the following criteria for submissions:
- Duration of video: 10 minutes maximum.
- Sound: all videos should be accompanied by a clear voice-over in English.
- Video quality: videos should have a minimum definition of 720p (1080p preferred).
- Videos should be uploaded on to YouTube or another video hosting service as an unlisted video and the URL submitted via the online abstract form.
- Then go to the 2021 abstract submission website
- Create an Oxford Abstracts account or log in if an account already exists.
- Create a new abstract for your video submission.
- Type the duration in minutes and seconds of your video in the abstract text box. Paste the URL of your uploaded video into the field for video URLs on the abstract submission form. (This is after the abstract text box).
- Complete the remainder of the abstract submission form and submit.
- You are permitted to submit a video that will be presented at another national/international meeting either prior to or after the Association of Coloproctology of GB & Ireland 2021 annual meeting.
- The maximum number of words for the title is 50. The maximum number of words for the abstract text is 250 (excluding the title and authors).
- When submitting the names of authors put the initials in the field labelled “First Name”.
- When you submit your video abstract select a category from the following 17 categories.
|1||Colorectal cancer – screening, diagnosis & endoscopy||2||Colorectal cancer – tumour biology, biomarkers & genetics|
|3||Colorectal cancer – risk assessment & outcomes||4||Colorectal cancer – surgery & endoscopic interventions|
(Nurses are welcome to submit an abstract in any category)
|6||Surveillance, survivorship & late effects of treatment|
|7||Emergency general surgery||8||Minimal access surgery – laparoscopic, robotic & transanal approaches|
|9||Chemotherapy & radiotherapy||10||Imaging and radiological interventions|
|11||Pathology||12||Inflammatory bowel disease, pouch surgery & stomas|
|13||Pelvic floor & functional bowel disorders||14||Proctology|
|15||Training & mentoring||16||Patient-reported outcomes & qualitative studies|
Amending a submission:
You can do this at any time up to the deadline.
- Log in to the submission system
- You will see a list of videos that you have submitted. Click on the video abstract that you wish to change.
- Amend the abstract as necessary.
- When you reach the final step and press “Submit” you will be sent an email confirming that your video has been amended.
Withdrawing a video
If you want to withdraw a video abstract please contact Nicole Taub, Membership and Marketing Manager, Association of Coloproctology of GB & I please email [email protected]
Deadline for receipt of videos
Monday, 25 January 2021 – 11.59 pm GMT (i.e.UK time)