It is intended that the best papers will be selected as a podium presentation.
For all presentations there will be:
BJS Prize for best overall podium presentation
Quickfire podium presentation for best posters (please be prepared to present a 2 minute summary)
Colorectal Disease Prize for best overall poster
Prize for best video
Rosettes for best individual category abstracts
Publication in Colorectal Disease
Deadline for receipt of abstracts
Monday, 25 January 2021 – 11.59 pm GMT (i.e.UK time)
We are delighted to announce that the submission of abstracts and videos for Harrogate 2021 is now open.
This is planned to be a face to face meeting but may have a virtual element depending on circumstances.
Abstract Submission Instructions (2Mb)
How to submit an abstract
- Create an Oxford Abstracts account or log in if one already exists.
- Create a new abstract.
The maximum number of words for the title is The maximum number of words for the abstract text is 250 (excluding the title and authors).
- You are permitted to submit an abstract that will be presented at another national/international meeting either prior to or after the Association of Coloproctology of GB & Ireland 2021 meeting.
- Abstracts of papers and posters presented at the meeting will be published online in Colorectal Disease journal after the meeting. If an accepted paper or poster is not presented at the meeting, it will be withdrawn from publication.
- When submitting the names of authors put the initials in the field labelled “First Name”.
- A “blind” reviewing process will be used. Do not include identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities in the title or text of the abstract. The names of authors and their affiliations (institutions) will be submitted on-line in a separate section.
- Please enter the initials and last names of authors (NOT the first names) despite what labels are on the author name fields.
- Abstracts should state briefly and clearly the purpose, methods, results and conclusions of the work.
- When you submit your abstract select a category from the following 16 categories.
|1||Colorectal cancer – screening, diagnosis & endoscopy||2||Colorectal cancer – tumour biology, biomarkers & genetics|
|3||Colorectal cancer – risk assessment & outcomes||4||Colorectal cancer – surgery & endoscopic interventions|
(Nurses are welcome to submit an abstract in any category)
|6||Surveillance, survivorship & late effects of treatment|
|7||Emergency general surgery||8||Minimal access surgery – laparoscopic, robotic & transanal approaches|
|9||Chemotherapy & radiotherapy||10||Imaging and radiological interventions|
|11||Pathology||12||Inflammatory bowel disease, pouch surgery & stomas|
|13||Pelvic floor & functional bowel disorders||14||Proctology|
|15||Training & mentoring||16||Patient-reported outcomes & qualitative studies|
Indicate your preferred presentation mode:
- oral only
- oral or poster
- poster only
- For videos, select video
Answer if the first author is a trainee or nurse/AHP.
- When you have completed a submission, you will receive email confirmation with the reference number of your abstract.
Amending a submission:
You can do this at any time up to the deadline.
- Log in to the submission system
- You will see a list of the abstracts that you have submitted. Click on the abstract that you wish to change.
- Amend the abstract as necessary.
- When you reach the final step and press “Submit” you will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended.
Withdrawing an abstract
If you want to withdraw an abstract please email: Nicole Taub at [email protected]