New for 2020
3 new submission categories
* Patient-reported outcomes/qualitative studies
* Tripartite 2020 vision collaborations
Video Submission Instructions (702kB)
How to submit a video
IMPORTANT: please note the following criteria for submissions:
- Duration of video: 10 minutes maximum.
- Sound: all videos should be accompanied by a clear voice-over in English.
- Video quality: videos should have a minimum definition of 720p (1080p preferred).
- Videos should be uploaded on to YouTube or another video hosting service as an unlisted video and the URL submitted via the online abstract form.
- Then go to the 2020 abstract submission website
- Create an Oxford Abstracts account or log in if an account already exists.
- Create a new abstract for your video submission.
- Type the duration in minutes and seconds of your video in the abstract text box. Paste the URL of your uploaded video into the field for video URLs on the abstract submission form. (This is after the abstract text box).
- Complete the remainder of the abstract submission form and submit.
- You are permitted to submit a video that will be presented at another national/international meeting either prior to or after the Association of Coloproctology of GB & Ireland 2020 annual meeting.
- The maximum number of words for the title is 50. The maximum number of words for the abstract text is 250 (excluding the title and authors).
- When submitting the names of authors put the initials in the field labelled “First Name”.
- When you submit your video abstract select a category from the following 16 categories.
|1||Colorectal cancer – screening, diagnosis & endoscopy||2||Colorectal cancer – tumour biology, biomarkers & genetics|
|3||Colorectal cancer – risk assessment & outcomes||4||Colorectal cancer – surgery & endoscopic interventions|
(Nurses are welcome to submit an abstract in any category)
|6||Surveillance, survivorship & late effects of treatment|
|7||Emergency general surgery||8||Minimal access surgery – laparoscopic, robotic & transanal approaches|
|9||Chemotherapy & radiotherapy||10||Imaging and radiological interventions|
|11||Pathology||12||Inflammatory bowel disease, pouch surgery & stomas|
|13||Pelvic floor & functional bowel disorders||14||Proctology|
|15||Training & mentoring||16||Patient-reported outcomes & qualitative studies|
|17||Tripartite 2020 Vision collaborative projects||18||Miscellaneous|
Amending a submission:
You can do this at any time up to the deadline.
- Log in to the submission system
- You will see a list of videos that you have submitted. Click on the video abstract that you wish to change.
- Amend the abstract as necessary.
- When you reach the final step and press “Submit” you will be sent an email confirming that your video has been amended.
Withdrawing a video
If you want to withdraw a video abstract please contact the Administration Manager, Association of Coloproctology of GB & I.
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for receipt of videos
Monday, 20 January 2020 – 11.59 pm GMT (i.e.UK time)
Call for abstracts