The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons have invited the Association of Coloproctology of GB and Ireland to send a Travelling Fellow to their 2018 Annual Scientific meeting which is scheduled in Nashville, TN from 19-23 May 2018. The Fellow will visit one or more centres and attend the meeting itself where he/she will be expected to present a paper. The Association of Coloproctology of GB & Ireland will fund travelling expenses to the USA and back while the American Society will fund expenses in the USA.
We encourage ACPGBI members to bring this prestigious opportunity to the attention of potential applicants and encourage them to apply.
The successful applicant:
- Will be committed to a career in colorectal surgery.
- Needs to be on the Specialist Register and have obtained a CCT or equivalent within 5 years or less of deadline for applications.
- Must be a member of the Association of Coloproctology of GB and Ireland
Applications should comprise:
- A curriculum vitae.
- A letter explaining why the applicant wishes to travel to theUSA and how they feel they will be able to fill the role of ambassador for the ACPGBI in the USA
- An abstract(s) of paper(s) to be presented at the2018 meeting
- The names of two referees. References will be taken up prior to the interview
- The name of the centre(s) that the candidate would like to visit.
Closing Date for Applications:
10 am on Friday, 1st December 2017
Applications should be emailed to:
Anne O’Mara, Administration Manager, The Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland, at The Royal College of Surgeons of England, Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PE
Tel: 020 7973 0373