For its 9th year, the annual colorectal winter meeting usually held at St Peter’s Chertsey will be taking place in a webinar format. This webinar brings you an opportunity to present and listen to selected coloproctology research papers as well as hear clinicians cover topics that are relevant to colorectal surgery.
The morning session will allow trainees from across the country to present their colorectal research presentations and compete for prizes. The papers judged by members of the RSM and ACPGBI.
After a presentation by the RSM Travelling fellow, the new RSM Dean, Professor Humphrey Scott will be welcomed. The afternoon session will comprise of high quality lectures given by colorectal experts from around the world.
During this session, you’ll be able to:
- Update on current colorectal research in progress with the opportunity to question the presenters
- Hear about plans for the RSM from the new dean and the benefits of the travelling fellowships
- Understand how FIT may influence colorectal urgent and screening pathways
- Gain insight in the surgical management of IBD
- Reflect on the massive health challenges of 2020
- Understand the challenges and the use of laparostomies in trauma in South Africa