This interactive course combines a practical workshop using animal tissue and unembalmed cadavers with eLearning modules to equip you with a range of skills. You’ll learn about the evaluation and treatment of benign anorectal diseases, pilonidal disease and stoma surgery, plus a variety of operative procedures on the abdominal colon.
This course is mapped to the ISCP syllabus for ST3-5.
- Anatomy of the anal canal, pelvic floor and rectum
- Assessment of haemorrhoidal disease and operative haemorrhoidectomy
- Evaluation and treatment of pilonidal disease
- Stoma complications
- Anatomy of the abdominal colon
- Management of anastomotic complications