The LAPCO TT course is based on a two-day programme.
The first provides interactivity and practical coaching rehearsal in a skills lab setting. The second day focuses on clinical coaching in the operative environment. Coaching skills are taught in an interactive discussion and are then assembled to enable situational training for surgeons.
The course provides the necessary tools to improve individuals as trainers through adopting suitable coaching styles
This course is not intended to teach LAPCO skills, although you may benefit from discussing different methods and approaches
- Understand principles of how adults acquire and retain skills
- Be aware of the importance of learning outcomes in setting a framework of teaching
- Critically review a training episode
- Understand the concept of conscious competence in practice and training
- Understand and practice both formative/summative assessment tools and provide constructive feedback to stimulate learning
- Become a reflective practitioner, continually assessing their own performance as a trainer
To register contact email@example.com