The Laparoscopic Colorectal Train the Trainers Course (LAPCO TT) develops effective coaching skills for laparoscopic colorectal surgery. The course is adapted from the JAG approved Training the Trainers for Flexible Endoscopy but focuses on the specific needs of laparoscopic colorectal surgery.
- Understand principles of how adults acquire and retain skills
- Be aware of the importance of learning outcomes in setting a framework of teaching
- Critically review a training episode
- Understand the concept of conscious competence in practice and training
- Understand and practice both formative/summative assessment tools and provide constructive feedback to stimulate learning
- Become a reflective practitioner, continually assessing their own performance as a trainer