This 2 day course incorporates our intestinal failure study day and home parenteral nutrition workshop.
Topics will include: Acute and chronic intestinal failure plus home parenteral nutrition including the medical, surgical, dietetic and pharmaceuitcal management.
Target Audience: Any healthcare professional interested and involved in looking after patients with acute and chronic intestinal failure including those requiring home parenteral nutrition.
Learning Style: lectures and case studies.
Presentation slides will be made available online to registered delegates following the course. Delegates will also be asked to complete an online evaluation form after attending.
To understand the following:
- To increase the knowledge and skills of delegates to help improve the care of patients with IF and those requiring HPN including dysmotility and malignancy
- To discuss aspects of the medical, surgical, dietetic, nursing and pharmaceutical management of acute and chronic intestinal failure including enterocutenous fistula
- To understand the importance of choice of venous access devices
- An update of HIFNET and the HPN framework
- Minimise the ineffective and metabolic complications of parenteral nutrition
- Understand the criteria for intestinal transplantation