The inaugural Periprosthetic Meeting has an internationally renowned faculty who will discuss all aspects of periprosthetic joint infection including basic sciences, diagnosis, clinical features and the necessity of a multidisciplinary approach.
The Meeting consists of a series of lectures, panel discussions and clinical scenarios outlining the latest research and up to date consensus on managing this challenging clinical issue.
- epidemiology and basic science of periprosthetic infection
- prevention of periprosthetic infection
- recognise the indications of when periprosthetic infection occurs and diagnosis
- the management of periprosthetic infection
- a multidisciplinary team approach is mandatory
- the importance of audit
- research and future developments of management of periprosthetic infection
- Mr Patrick Ashcroft Aberdeen, UK
- Mr Jason Webb Bristol, UK
- Professor Steffan Breusch Edinburgh, UK
- Mr Hans Mau Hamburg, Germany
- Professor Mike Reed Hexham, UK