Due to the challenges currently facing us the next ACPGBI Mersey chapter meeting will be held via zoom on Monday 18th May at 7-8pm.
The agenda will include :
- The President, Nicola Fearnhead has kindly agreed to provide a 10-15 minute update on the current relevant colorectal/covid issues.
- A short oncology update by Amir Montazeri.
- A round up of current local issues by CQG chair Chris Barben.
- A discussion around surgical training challenges in current times
- The rest of the hour will be taken up by a Q&A session – If you have a question it would be helpful if you could email it to [email protected] beforehand or during the meeting
If you would like to attend this virtual zoom meeting, please register your interest by emailing Nicole Taub.
Once you have registered for the meeting you will be sent a link the day before. Please do not share this link. On the day of the meeting when you join you will be kept in a “waiting room” until the start of the meeting. Please ensure that your name on your image is correct in order that you may be provided with a certificate of attendance afterwards. Everyone apart from the main speakers will be muted in order to avoid problems with sound quality. Depending upon the timings it may not be possible to put all of the questions to the panel. Depending upon how the meeting goes this may be a format that we can use in future and all feedback is welcome.
- In view of the ongoing challenges in the context of the Covid pandemic the ACPGBI council are going to meet more regularly
- There are lots of committee posts coming up if anyone interested in getting more involved in ACPGBI
- Colorectal Disease June issue will be entirely on Covid and July will be entirely on TaTME with a statement from ACPGBI
- There will be a new more functional website in the near future
- There are a series of webinars held in association with RCSEd monthly on the ACPGBI website/RCSEd website – the next webinar is 27th May
- ACPGBI annual meeting 2020 – abstracts have already been marked and will be published if they had been accepted for presentation
- In lieu of the meeting an ACPGBI “Edinburgh Fringe” has been planned with invited speakers giving their presentations and linked on the website
- Tripartite deferred and will now be the week after Feb half term in 2022 and next one 2025
- There have been multiple ACPGBI Covid statements offering frameworks
- An new “Access ACPGBI” initiative is planned – themed Q&A sessions
- Training issues – Dukes have been doing some podcasts, plans for training/education in association with ACPGBI