Free Online Subscription and Access to Colorectal Disease to Ordinary Surgical Members, Associate, Overseas and Staff Grade members.
Why join us?
The ACPGBI gives you a voice in influencing current UK coloproctology practice.
Every member receives our full range of benefits and services, including:
- Free on line subscription to Colorectal Disease
- Substantial discounts on the ACPGBI Annual Meeting
- Show casing of your skills in the ACPGBI Specialist Directory
- Member only monthly newsletter and multimedia content
- Clinical Outcome Publication (COP) support and mentorship
- Access to a comprehensive set of colorectal disease resources and guidelines including consent forms
- A national voice for the on call surgeon practicing emergency general surgery
- Eligibility for significant BDRF research funding
- Opportunities for engagement with the Association to influence national policy
- Working with specialists and patients to improve quality via our PLG
- Access to treatment specific patient information sheets
- Strong links with National and International societies
- Networking opportunities via a range of local educational chapter meetings
- Exclusive member discounts
- Professional support and mentorship in times of difficulty.
Recognition as a specialist with expertise in elective and/or emergency coloproctology
Specialisation is demanded by the public and increasingly so by the profession. Being a specialist involves education, training, experience and continuing professional development. Membership of the ACPGBI reflects an interest and knowledge of diseases of colon and rectum with opportunities for lifelong development.
- The specialist directory allows members to list their areas of interest and expertise as well as post, links to their website, twitter feed or facebook page etc. This directory allows the member to tailor information to be viewed by the public or solely the membership.
- Private Healthcare providers increasingly require specialist surgeons to perform colon and rectum disease surgery. Membership of the ACPGBI reflects this professional status and is respected in cases of litigation
- Increasingly the ACPGBI recognise the role that colorectal surgeons play in the emergency rota, and with AUGIS, gives a voice to surgeons practicing emergency general surgery
- Opportunities to engage with the Association through numerous committees, subcommittees and clinical advisory groups. Over 100 specialists are involved in developing and influencing policy and best practice guidelines. These posts are filled following advertisements to the membership and elections
Professional support and mentorship
- Guidelines are regularly produced by the Association. These provide up to date evidence to support local development of services. Involvement by the membership in generating these documents is encouraged and essential
- Quality assurance is integral to improving patient care. The ACPGBI is heavily involved in shaping quality assurance for example cancer services through COP and NBOCA, IBD services through BSG and IBDUK and pelvic floor services through The Pelvic Floor Society. Being a member allows you to have a voice in changes that may affect your practice
- Local regional and national support is available through a comprehensive chapter network with regional representation on Council
- Support and mentorship with issues related to publicly available information such as Consultant Outcome Publication
- Resources on the web site enable members to listen to state of the art lectures delivered by experts. These are invaluable in keeping up to date, obtaining CME points and can be accessed on your mobile device
- Strong national and international links with other societies for collaborative projects on diseases of the colon and rectum
- Eligibility for research funding from the Bowel Disease Research Foundation (BDRF), the charitable funding arm of the ACPGBI, requires the applicant to be a member of the ACPGBI. Numerous individual grants of £10-50K are awarded each year
- Opportunities to network through regular regional and annual national meetings
- Keep up to date with current events, important research and controversies with a regular monthly newsletter and membership only multimedia content
- Multiple opportunities for CPD through regular regional and national education events targeted at all levels of experience from medical students through to senior consultants
- Reduced registration rates at Annual Meeting.
- The member’s section of the ACPGBI website offers a wide range of training and education facilities both interactive and for downloading.
- Colorectal Disease Journal is the ‘high impact’, internationally respected, official publication of the ACPGBI. An online subscription only is included within the membership subscription for Ordinary Surgical Members, Associate, Overseas and Staff Grade members.
- Opportunity to purchase the Associations Tie