How to apply
To apply for membership you need to:
- Complete the online application form
- Pay the membership subscription by Direct Debit*, credit card or by cheque
* by choosing to pay by Direct Debit you will benefit from a 3% discount.
Already a member? Log In.
How long will it take?
This application form will normally take 15 minutes to complete, provided you are ready with the following information to hand:
- Your contact details which can be personal or your place of work
- Your bank details or a credit card
- Details of any qualifications you have and the year you gained them
- Have defined which membership category you require
- A short written biography on your previous experience
- A picture of yourself in a gif, jpeg or png format (maximum file size 8mb)
- Referees or CV – see below
If you are based in the British Isles, to support your application you will be asked to enter two names of existing members as Proposer and Seconder.
Curriculum vitae (CV)
If you are based outside of the British Isles, you will be asked to upload your CV in PDF format (the file should be no larger than 8MB).
Paying by Direct Debit
Direct Debit is the most convenient way to pay your membership subscription – it gives you peace of mind that your subscription is continuous, automatically renewing each year. Please note that Direct Debit is only available to members who hold a UK bank or building society account.
How long will my application take to be approved?
We review all new applications at an Executive Committee meeting – this process can take up to 4 weeks depending on when your application is received.