Meet our current ACPGBI Trustee Members
- To provide robust governance to ensure that the Association is fulfilling its charitable aims.
- To receive and approve an annual statement of accounts ahead of its presentation at the AGM.
- To ensure a timely return to the Charities Commission.
- To review and agree the Association’s strategy and assist the Executive Committee of Council with its development.
- To formally approve recommendations from Council, ahead of their presentation at the AGM, for changes to the Constitution of the Association.
Appointment of the Board of Trustees
- Executive members are Trustees by virtue of their post within the ACPGBI.
- Non-Executive members – These were appointed at the Extraordinary General Meeting held on 9 October 2017 at which the revised Articles of Association and the revised Constitution of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland were adopted.
- In the future, additional or replacement Trustees will be appointed by the Board of Trustees as they see fit.
Composition of the Board of Trustees
Current President, President-Elect, Honorary Secretary and Honorary Treasurer.
The Chair is elected from their membership by the Board of Trustees.
Medical – at least five and ideally to include at least one nurse
(note: to avoid conflict of interest, non-Executive membership of the Board of Trustees would debar that member from sitting concurrently on the Council of the ACPGBI or on any of its committees. In the event that a non-Executive member of the Board of Trustees wished to sit on the ACPGBI Council or one of its committees, a period of one year would have to elapse after demitting office from the Board of Trustees before that member could do so.)
Lay (i.e. non-medically qualified individuals) – to include a minimum of two patient representatives, a lawyer, a trustee from a financial background and a non-medical academic.
Duration of appointment
- Executive members – for the duration of their appointment on the Executive Committee
- Non-Executive medical members – three years, renewable for a further three years.
- Non-Executive lay members – three years, renewable for a further three years.